- Travel Reimbursement Policy (word) - with differences between HUSA and TXHIPPY policies marked clearly
- Texas Guidelines for Trainers (word)
- Statewide Adaptations - for trainers info, and sites should print and sign for their accreditation manual
FORMS / TIMELINE
- Independent Contractor (pdf) - complete first! 4-5 weeks prior to site visit. Only needed once to set you up as vendor with UNT, but please include with the scan/email when the invoices have been submitted for payment on every reimbursement request.
- W-9 Form (pdf) - complete along with Independent Contractor first! 4-5 weeks prior to site visit. Only needed once to set you up as a vendor with UNT, but please include with the scan/email when the invoices have been submitted for payment on every reimbursement request.
- Invoice Form (word) - complete and attach with Independent Contractor form, for each visit.
- Hotel Tax Certificate (pdf) - give to hotel on check in so state taxes are not paid.
- Travel Reimbursement Form (excel) - complete after the fact, attach with receipts and Site Visit Report. Reimbursements normally take 30 to 45 days for processing.
For quickest turnaround, scan and email reimbursement requests along with site visit documentation to Tracie at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can still mail those in but scanning/emailing is the quickest way for reimbursements to be processed.
Should you have any questions regarding the process, please contact Tracie Crosswhite by phone at (940) 369-8743 or email at email@example.com.
Travel Tips: Book in advance. Please note, you must ask for the State Rate as that is what we can reimburse - please get clearance in advance for car rental or other additional expenses.
Amarillo - Fly into Amarillo (AMA), and stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites (on Wolflin) - this is within walking distance to various eateries. The site coordinator will pick you up from the airport (within reasonable hours) and can transport you daily from the hotel to the site.
Corpus Christi - Fly into Corpus Christi (CRP) and stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina - this is within walking distance to the office, along the bayfront and very close to restaurants.
Dallas - Fly into Love Field (DAL) if possible, via Southwest Airlines, it's much closer to our program site and recommended hotel, otherwise fly into DFW. Stay at the Belmont Hotel - there's a wonderful restaurant onsite (Smoke) and it's the closest hotel to our program site. Book in advance as it is a popular "destination" hotel. The hotel provides transportation to the nearby, charming, Bishop Arts District.
Irving - fly to Dallas Fort Worth Airport (DFW), and stay at the Nylo Las Colinas, ask for the state rate of $135, or less. If this rate is not available, let us know and we will find an alternative, or approve the higher rate. Taxi from DFW is approximately $30-$45, or take Uber/Lyft for about $15. Their shuttle service takes you within a 5 mile radius which includes a movie theatre and selection of various restaurants.
Odessa - Fly into Midland/Odessa (MAF) and stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Odessa. Please book hotel immediately upon setting a date! Hotels are at a premium in this Oil-Booming Town! If you cannot get in at the Holiday Inn, stay in nearby Midland.
Richardson - Fly into DFW airport as it is closer to the site. Stay at the Embassy Suites Dallas Park Central. You will need to take a somewhat expensive taxi into the hotel, but once there it's quite close to the site, and for someone on staff to pick you up and drop you off. Uber/Lyft is also a good option for travel between the airport and to local areas. Unfortunately, while there are many eateries, movie theater and shopping quite close, this is not a walker friendly area. The hotel does have a shuttle for local transportation though.
Rio Grande Valley - AKA "the Valley" or RGV is at the southernmost tip of the rather large state of Texas. Fly in to McAllen, it's the closest airport. Stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites McAllen, which is approximately 4 minutes away, driving distance. They provide an airport shuttle service, which can also get you to local restaurants and the mall, which is only 2 blocks away on foot.
San Antonio - If driving to San Antonio, stay at the Holiday Inn, near the Riverwalk and the HIPPY offices. If flying in (SAT), or if you prefer to stay on the Riverwalk, stay at the La Quinta on the Riverwalk, with many restaurants in immediate walking distance.
Longview - can fly in to East Texas Regional Airport (GGG), or if that's too complicated/expensive, fly to Dallas (DFW or Love Field), rent a car and drive 2 hours one way to Longview. Flying to Tyler is another option (40 minute drive away). Stay at the Holiday Inn Express North. It's across from the local mall and there are several places to eat within immediate walking distance.