DOWNLOADING FILES: All documents linked to this site do not require a login. If you receive a message saying you do not have permission to access this document, please try another web browser. This is most common with anyone using older versions of Internet Explorer.
Plus this really important document.
ENROLLMENT PROCESS & PAPERWORKAll sites will be assigned an Enrollment basecamp project to monitor progress of filling slots, completion of paperwork and eGrants enrollment.
Prior Term Eligibility
|Before MSA Start Date|
(new & returning members)
Before MSA Start Date
|Must be completed by member and signed before background checks are initiated.|
Must be completed by coordinator OR previous AmeriCorps program supervisor.
|Coordinator Verifications||Before MSA Start Date|
(new members ONLY; update for returning members if needed)
|Must be completed by coordinator. All required background checks are listed on this form. This form must be complete before Member Start Date.|
|eGrants Invite & Visit Tracker||Before MSA Start Date||See eGrants Invite & Enroll Process.|
|Audit File||After Visit Tracker entry||Notify state office when members are entered into Visit Tracker. Each site will be sent an audit file to verify the enrollment paperwork.|
|Member Service Agreement (MSA)||After Coordinator Verification is complete|
(new & returning members)
|Background checks are complete, member is deemed eligible, and form is signed and dated. Update each member's information in Visit Tracker.|
|eGrants Enrollment||Within 20 days of MSA Start Date||Audit files have been completed and paperwork is verified as complete and correct. Enrollments are finalized in eGrants in the S&N Workbasket > Pending Enrollments section. See eGrants Invite & Enroll Process|
Time Sheets (tutorial)
|All Members Enrolled|
Member & Coordinator
|Upload each member's enrollment paperwork to your Basecamp project. Scan files separately and in order (see Enrollment paperwork list). All slots are filled. All paperwork is complete. All members have an MSA and entered in Visit Tracker. All members are enrolled in eGrants. Audit files complete.|
On-going. Each Month
|Mid Year Evaluation||Coordinator & Member||By Week 15|
END OF YEAR/EARLY EXIT PROCESS (Contact Texas HIPPY)
|Change of Status Form *NEW|
End Year Evaluation
Coordinator & Member
|Use to document any prolonged break in service hours (illness, injury, etc). Must accompany exit paperwork for early exits.|
On Member End Date
|eGrants/ Exit Form||Coordinator||Within 20 days of MSA End Date|
my.americorps.gov - Member's access to education award
- National Sex Offender:
- The printout verifying this check has to be in the member file and signed by coordinator.
- If any state is offline, you must run the check again till all states have been checked. Printout your first check indicating the state(s) offline. The next time you run the check, it doesn't matter if more states are offline as long as the states offline from first check are now online. Printout the second check. This completes the NSOPW.
- If multiple names show when running the check, you must initial and write "Cleared" next to each name that you checked it and verified that the person is not the applicant.
- State and FBI background checks can be kept secure either in the member's file or with the HR department. These documents can apply to each service term without redoing unless there is more than 120 days between service terms. Clearance letters from HR need to be in member file.
- Eligibility Documents: Copies do not need to be kept at the site as long as you are viewing and recording those documents on the Coordinator Verifications form.
- The document numbers AND issuing authority must be entered for each document.
- If a member cannot be verified in eGrants, copies of the specified document must kept on the member file. (i.e. Social Security card)
- Coordinator Verification Form: This is to be signed and finalized once ALL background checks are complete.